The Key To Great Gift Giving
The great thing about life is that it is full of great occasions to bless loved ones with a beautiful and memorable gift. Birthdays, weddings, anniversary and the list goes on and on. Generally though this tends to be a painful experience for the giver of the gift. Riddled with questions like, “What do I get them?” and “How much is it going to cost?”, most procrastinate buying it. This article is a quick read about why these items are great gifts and includes pricing to make this process easier. These links are to some great handpicked gifts on amazon that are under 50$.
Great Kitchen Gadgets
The key to giving great gifts is to know the interests and hobbies of your receiver. In this article I am going to be talking about some great gifts for the home cook that are under 50$! These are products I own myself and have benefitted from. These gifts are also great if someone has just moved into their own place and need to stock their kitchen. I have narrowed the list to five of my favorite kitchen gadgets in the below slideshow.
- Electric Kettle – I got this as a wedding gift and I use it more often than I thought I would! It makes a litre of boiling water in minutes. To clean the inside of the kettle, put 2 tablespoons of vinegar and water, boil and then discard. Repeat as needed and before using again boil just water and discard. The outside is easily to clean with a damp rag.
- Hand Held Blender – Another gift that I love! If you have a smaller kitchen this is a great gadget. You can use this to make smoothies, sauces and soups! Clean up is easy and the attachment is dishwasher friendly.
- Electric Grill – This is perfect for making grilled sandwiches and paninis. Also a great way to grill meats and reduce fat in cooking. Cleaning is simple, just wipe it down with a damp cloth. If extremely dirty then use a damp sponge and gently scrub the dirt off and wipe clean.
- Coffee Maker – If you know a coffee lover then you know why they would appreciate having this. It makes 12 cups which is great for hosting!
- Cast Iron Skillet – I got one of these from my mom and have learned to season it and use it. It does take some care but it will last more than your lifetime! Check this video on how to care of cast iron.
Hosting and Serving Tools
A huge part of having a kitchen and cooking is the blessing of being able to host and serve family and friends. You do not need a whole bunch of things to get started on hosting but you will need a few basics. Generally, I suggest to go for things that can serve different purposes versus something that can only be used for one sort of dish, for example, a chip and dip dish. As you go along you can accumulate unnecessary dishes and cutlery that can just clutter your space. Below are five great buys for the party enthusiast!
- Plates and bowls
- Serving platters
- Casserole dishes
Fun Decor Ideas for the Kitchen
After you have the basic needs of the kitchen set up, the next and most fun part is the decor. Who says a kitchen has to be boring and functional? Afterall people spend an average of 3 to 4 hours in the kitchen! Small pops of color and design can warm this space up quickly and make it feel like the heart of your home. Here are some of the fun and unique decor ideas I found.
When I look around my kitchen as I use my gifts from many of my friends, I often feel gratefulness. This nostalgic feeling of knowing that people have spend time to think of me and what I will enjoy in my kitchen. I think of it as them wishing me success in making my home. So, I hope these different options make it easier for you to shop for your loved ones. If you are shopping for yourself and building your new kitchen and stepping into the world of cooking, check this post out – 7 Tips to Simplify Home Cooking!