Beef and Vegetable Stir Fried Noodles

When I was pregnant I rekindled my love for chinese food and it became a little bit of an obsession. I would watch China travel vlogs and be ravenous by the time my husband was heading home and that resulted in a text message with instructions to bring me some noodles, NOW! I did enjoy those days but then I started wondering why I had never come up with a recipe for noodles, so this was born from that crazy time.

I prepared the dry noodles differently from how the bag said. It asked to boil it for a few minutes, instead, I put the dry noodles in a large bowl and poured boiling water over it till it was covered. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and loosen the noodles, then drain and keep aside.

Preparation Time – 30 Minutes

Gai Lan – 6 or 8 stalks sliced and leaves chopped, keep them separate

Green Pepper – 1, sliced

Green Onions – 1 cup, chopped

Mushrooms – 1 cup, sliced

Olive oil – 3 Tablespoons

Directions

In a bowl, put your sliced beef and all the marinade ingredients. Mix well and keep aside as you work on chopping your vegetables.

20180127_230125

Heat a wok or large saucepan with olive oil in it and fry your ginger and garlic for about a minute.

20180127_230315

Add your beef and stir fry for about 8 minutes. Add the stalks of the Gai lan and the celery, cook for 2 minutes.

20180127_231138

Next add the Gai Lan leaves, green peppers, green onions and mushrooms. Stir fry for another 2 minutes.

20180127_231547

Next add your prepared noodles and stir fry on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until everything is incorporated well and most of the liquid evaporates. Do not over cook though. It will take some stirring to mix it all in.

20180127_232105

You can check for salt and if you feel you need some more you can add a small amount of soy sauce. As it sits for a few minutes it will absorb more of the liquid.

If you are not a fan of beef you can switch this up for chicken or shrimp. Just reduce your cooking time accordingly. I like a lot of vegetables in my dish but if you want to reduce it to just some feel free to do that. Some other substitutions are carrots, bok choy, broccoli, etc. If you prefer a different kind of noodle just prepare it as instructed on the bag.

So the next time you want to order out maybe you can try this recipe out. This way you can control how much oil is being added and avoid things like MSG. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Things you may need to make these noodles:

Advertisements

12 Comments Add yours

1. Cheyenne Gales says:

This looks so tasty ! I love a good stir fry

Liked by 1 person

1. Anne Mutisya says:

Thank you; me too! I just got a new wok on sale so I see a lot more of these in my future.

2. mistimaan says:

Looks good 🙂

3. Creative Nails says:

This looks really good! It was starting to make me a bit hungry looking at the pictures haha. I remember having some Chinese food when I was younger at a friend’s house (I can’t remember what it was I had), and I didn’t really like it so I’ve kinda stayed away from it since but reading this makes me want to give it another try!

Amy,

Liked by 1 person

1. Anne Mutisya says:

Thanks Amy! Yeah maybe try it again, you can always change things up if you don’t like it. Do you remember what you ate? Some restaurant make terrible quality food.

Liked by 1 person

1. Creative Nails says:

I’m not sure! It was quite a while ago, I remember some a lot of it was some sauce that I really didn’t like. It was from a shop near where they lived and I remember them ordering it a few times when I was there and I didn’t want to tell my friends parents I didn’t like it haha

Liked by 1 person

2. Anne Mutisya says:

Lol aww yeah I started hating it after having some bland ones but I am enjoying making my own!! It’s been fun!

Liked by 1 person

4. This sounds like another delicious recipe. I love the flavours you use in your cooking 😊

Liked by 1 person

1. Anne Mutisya says:

Thank you! I like to new things..no cuisine is safe from me lol.

Liked by 1 person

1. Nor should it be! This blog has helped me get back to experimenting more with food but there’s more to be done… 😊

Liked by 1 person

2. Anne Mutisya says:

Awww you are so kind!! I am glad, that was the whole point of why I started the blog. To encourage people to exploring all the different flavors in this world.

Liked by 1 person