I love breakfast but I never wake early enough to actually make and enjoy it! So I am a fan of anything that speeds up the process of a nice breakfast. Some of my favorites are french toast, pancakes, waffles….the list is neverending!
I think this recipe is nice to keep in your recipe box, especially for the special occasion breakfasts, like Valentine’s Day!! It is such an easy recipe and you prep it the night before, let it refrigerate overnight. Wake in the morning and you pop it in the oven, get ready for the day and breakfast will be ready!
Preparation Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 45 Minutes
Serves – 4
Bread – 1/2 a loaf or 6 slices, cut into cubes
Eggs – 4
Milk – 1 Cup
Cream – 1/4 Cup
Raisins – 1/2 Cup
Cinnamon – 1 Teaspoon
Vanilla Extract – 1 Tablespoon
Brown Sugar – 1/3 Cup
Salt – 1/8 Teaspoon
Butter – 1/4 Cup, cut into little pieces
In a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, spread your bread cubes and raisins, distribute the raisins well. I used wheat bread because that is what I had on hand, you can also use a soft white loaf as well.
Whisk your eggs, milk, cream, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
Pour this mixture over the bread cubes and using a spoon gently push the bread cubes into the liquid in the dish. Add the pieces of butter evenly. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
Serve this fresh and hot out of the oven. It isn’t super sweet and also has a slight crunch from the crust. You could pair this with some sausages and a fruit bowl. Start your day off right with this yummy casserole!
Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Casserole
- 6 Slices Bread, cut into cubes
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter cut into little pieces
- In a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, spread your bread cubes and raisins, distribute the raisins well.
- Whisk your eggs, milk, cream, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour this mixture over the bread cubes and using a spoon gently push the bread cubes into the liquid in the dish. Add the pieces of butter evenly. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Serve hot.
You may need these to make this casserole:
*Disclosure: Some of the links in this article contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.*